Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, which includes timesheets and expense forms.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Working with Timesheets
The electronic Timesheet Document allows staff to enter time worked on Jobs/Projects both internal and external.
You no longer need a paper ‘Timesheet Form’.
You can associate a time booked with a specific Job, by using the Timesheet Line Item table.
How to create a new Timesheet
There are two ways:
- For yourself: From the Explorer click Expenses/Timesheets→Timesheets, then click ‘Create New‘ in the Work Area green bar.
- On behalf of another Worker: Locate and view the required Worker from the Worker List. From the Actions drop-down click ‘New Timesheet‘.
The New Timesheet page is shown below:
If a Timesheet has already been created for a particular week, it will be retrieved and a new one will not be created.
How to Add Line Items to a Timesheet
Individual Line Items shows what time has been booked to specific activities. These activities are typically represented as ‘Service Items‘. A simple Timesheet is shown below.
Adding Line Items to a timesheet is very similar to adding Line Items to a Transactional Document, such as an Invoice.
Here items are restricted to ‘Service Items’ with an associated hourly rate. See Entering Line Items.
Holiday and Sickness can be added directly by clicking the desired icon on the Action bar. (See below)
The ‘Job’ column allows Line Items to be associated with a specified Job. This allows profitability and job specific reporting.
The ‘Availability’ field represents the number of billable hours for this worker in a week. The default Availability is set in the associated Worker Document. This figure is used to calculate the Worker’s effective utilization for reporting purposes. For example, a Worker may work a 37.5 hour week, but only be billable for 15 hours. In this case the field value is set to 15.
Timesheet Key Facts
- The Timesheet may be immediately approved when saved, or submitted for approval. This depends on the Worker’s permissions. See Submitting and Approving Timesheets.
- The Printed Document can be formatted with your company logo, colors etc. See Working with Document Templates.
Hours should be entered as follows:
- 1 = 1 hour
- 1.50 = An hour and a half
- 0.25 = A quarter of an hour
- 0.75 = Three-quarters of an hour