Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, constantly evolving and growing. We keep track of technology and offer our customers a full house service solution.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Working with Classifications
It is useful to categorize or classify sets of data within your business. Example includes:
- Classify your Customers as Gold, Silver or Bronze depending on the amount they have purchased over a period of time.
- Classify Leads in terms of their postal district.
- Classify Sales Invoices by department or region.
- Classify Service Items by type of internal non-billable activity.
Up to three Classification Types can be assigned per Document.
If you do not use classification simply ignore the Classification tab on all Documents.
How to set up Classification Types
See Configuring Classification Types for details.
How to assign Classifications to a Document
After Classification Types has been set up, they can be assigned to any Document with the Classification tab.
Below a Customer is classified as Gold and from the London district.
How to search by Classification Type
Classifications can be used to filter List searches. (see below).
- Select ‘Perform Search’.
- Select the tab ‘Extra Columns’.
- Select the checkbox for ‘Classifications’.
- Go to the ‘Advanced Search’ tab.
- From the Classifications, select the applicable Class(es) to search for, in this instance – Gold Customers.
How to use the Inheritance of Classification Types
If a Transactional Document is created from a Customer, such as a Sales Invoice, the Invoice automatically inherits the classifications assigned to the Customer. As per the example, the Sales Invoice would be classified as Gold and from London.
Although Transactional Documents inherit Classification Types, they can be re-assigned.
How to Filter by Classification Type on Reports
- While running a report, select the option to customise it.
- Navigate to the tab ‘Filters’.
- Open the Classification section (see below).
- From the first dropdown option – Select the option called ‘Select’.
- From the second dropdown, choose either Any or All conditions.
- Form the third dropdown, select the criteria to be filtered for. (see below)
- Select Run Report.
See Working with Reports.
How to assign Classification Types to Line Items
Classification Types can be assigned to Line Items. All Reports that are Line Item based can be filtered by the Item’s associated Classification Type. For example, a report on the profitability of all Electrical Items in a given period.
- Navigate to the line item to be edited.
- Select ‘Edit’ from the action bar.
- Select the ‘Classification’ tab.
- In addition to classifications and attributes, a specific Item class can be assigned from the dropdown. (see below).
You can only assign a single Classification Type to an Item.