Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, with one central point to manage your services, products, stock, and pricing.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Discount items represent a sales price discount. You could specify a percentage discount, such as 10%, on a whole order, or an absolute cash discount.
How to create a new Discount Item
To create a new Service Item either use the Items Shortcut, or from the Explorer click Products/Services→Items and click ‘Create New‘ from the Item List.
Select ‘Discount‘ to display a new Discount Item Document.
Discount Item Key Facts
- The Item Code (sometimes called the Product Code) is a mandatory field; a Description can be added to further identify the Item if desired. These will appear on Transactional Documents (e.g. a Sales Invoice/Timesheet) when the associated Line Item is selected.
- The Item Code has to be unique. You will get an error on saving the Item if it is not.
- You can choose if you want the discount to be as a percentage (e.g. 10%) or an absolute value by using the ‘Discount as a percentage’ field. You enter the default Discount amount in the Discount section.
- The Discount will automatically appear on Sales/Purchase Documents respectively when the associated Line Item is added. See Entering Line Items.
- You can specify cross/up-sell information in the ‘Cross/Up-sell Information’ tab. If you enter information here corresponding Line Items will display a icon indicating there is information associated with the Line Item. Clicking on the icon will show the Item information in a popup window.
- Use the Classification tab to specify the Item’s associated Categories and Attributes, if any.
- The Accounting tab defines how the Item is mapped to the Chart of Accounts. The default account mappings are set in the Accounts configuration page.
Also Read About
Working with Items
Working with Transactional Documents
Entering Line Items
Working with Item Categories
Working with Item Attributes
Working with Price Levels
Working with the Chart of Accounts
Working with Classifications