Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, with one central point to manage your services, products, stock, and pricing.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Mark Up items represent a sales price markup. For example a percentage markup such as 5% for all orders over a specified weight, or alternatively an absolute cash mark-up.
How to create a new Markup Item
To create a new Markup Item either use the Items Shortcut, or from the Explorer click Products/Services→Items and click ‘Create New‘ from the Item List.
Select ‘Mark up‘ to display a new Mark Up Item Document.
Mark up Item Key Facts
- Mark up Items can only be entered on Sales Documents, such as Sales Quotes and Sales Invoices.
- The Item Code (sometimes called the Product Code) is a mandatory field; a Description can be added to further identify the Item if desired. These will appear on Transactional Documents (e.g. a Sales Invoice/Timesheet) when the associated Line Item is selected.
- The Item Code has to be unique. You will get an error on saving the Item if it is not.
- You can choose if you want the Mark up to be as a percentage (e.g. 10%), or as an absolute value by using the ‘Mark up as a percentage‘ field.
- You enter the default Markup amount on the Mark up tab. This amount will automatically appear on sales documents when the associated Line Item is added. With a percentage value this will be applied to the Line Item immediately above where this Item is entered on the Transactional Document (e.g. Sales Invoice). See Entering Line Items.
- You can specify cross/up-sell information in the ‘Cross/Up-sell Information‘ tab. If you enter information here corresponding Line Items will display a icon indicating there is information associated with the Line Item. Clicking on the icon will show the Item information in a popup window.
- Use the Classification tab to specify the Item’s associated Categories and Attributes, if any.
- The Accounting tab defines how the Item is mapped to the Chart of Accounts. The default account mappings are set in the Accounts configuration page.
Also Read About
Working with Items
Working with Transactional Documents
Entering Line Items
Working with Item Categories
Working with Item Attributes
Working with Price Levels
Working with the Chart of Accounts
Working with Classifications