Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, with one central point to manage your services, products, stock, and pricing.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Service Items represent a service/task that you either provide (i.e. sell) or buy in, that is measured in time.
Service Items are typically used on Timesheets in order to book billable and non-billable time to Projects/Jobs.
Service Items could be set up to represent different types of skilled work, each with a different billable rate, such as Junior Designer, Senior Designer, Project Manager etc.
Service Items have a fixed unit of measure which is by Hour.
If you want to book time for activities on Timesheets use Service Items to define the activities.
How to create a new Service Item
To create a new Service Item either use the Items Shortcut, or from the Explorer click Products/Services→Items and click ‘Create New‘ from the Item List.
Select ‘Service‘ to display a new Service Item Document.
Service Item Key Facts
- The Item Code (sometimes called the Product Code) is a mandatory field; a Description can be added to further identify the Item if desired. These will appear on Transactional Documents (e.g. a Sales Invoice/Timesheet) when the associated Line Item is selected.
- The Item Code has to be unique. You will get an error on saving the Item if it is not.
- You enter the default sale price (i.e billable rate) on the Sales/Prices tab. You enter the default purchase cost on the Purchasing/Costs tab. These prices/costs will automatically appear on Sales/Purchase Documents respectively when the associated Line Item is added.
- You can specify cross/up-sell information in the ‘Cross/Up-sell Information‘ tab. If you enter information here corresponding Line Items will display a icon indicating there is information associated with the Line Item. Clicking on the icon will show the Item information in a popup window.
- Use the Classification tab to specify the Item’s associated Categories and Attributes, if any.
- You can use the Images tab to upload images of the Product.
- The Accounting tab defines how the Item is mapped to the Chart of Accounts. The default account mappings are set in the Accounts configuration page.
Also Read About
Working with Items
Working with Transactional Documents
Entering Line Items
Working with Timesheets
Working with Item Categories
Working with Item Attributes
Working with Price Levels
Working with the Chart of Accounts
Working with Classifications