Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, which includes integrated Purchase Order Management to have full control of your suppliers and purchasing.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Submitting and Approving Purchase Orders
For larger companies where Purchase Orders must be submitted for approval before being accepted, a simple approval mechanism is provided.
Only once a Purchase Order has been approved, will you be able to generate the associated documents.
Also, only once approved, will it affect the total number of Purchase Orders.
For a worker to approve Purchase Orders, the Purchase Orders ‘Approval Permissions’ Tab needs to be accessed. Select the checkbox next to Purchase Orders. See below and Working with roles.
When saving the Purchase Order, the associated Approval Status is set at the same time.
- A – If you are authorized to approve Purchase Orders, your Purchase Orders are automatically approved when saved.
- B – If you are not authorized to approve Purchase Orders, your Sales Orders are saved as ‘For Approval’. An authorized person will then approve it at a later date or time.
- Other options in the drop-down menu includes ‘Not Approved’ and ‘Rejected’.
Once a Purchase Order has been approved its status cannot be changed.
How to Approve Purchase Orders
- Select the ‘Find’ drop down menu as shown above
- Select the option ‘Submitted Orders awaiting approval’.
- Select the document which needs to be changed.
- Select ‘Edit’ to enable the document to be changed.
- Go to the Approval dropdown option as shown above.
- Change status accordingly to Approved or Rejected.
- Once approved, the ‘Authorised by‘ field will show the approver’s name.