Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, which includes integrated Purchase Order Management to have full control of your suppliers and purchasing.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Working with Suppliers
The Supplier Document stores all details about the Supplier (aka Vendors). Where you create, recall and view all associated information and Documents.
How to create a new Supplier
- To create a new Supplier from the Explorer click Purchasing->Suppliers and click ‘Create New‘ .
- Alternatively click on the Green plus ⊕ in the Explorer next to the title ‘Suppliers’.
Supplier Key Facts
- The Supplier Name must be entered, but it does not have to be unique.
- The Ref # is a unique identifier associated with the Supplier – Supplier account number. See Working with Reference numbers (Ref #).
- The Balance field by default is 0.00 for a new Supplier, however it can be set to a value.
- The Balance field shows how much you owe the Supplier. If its value is negative the Supplier owes you money.
- Once set, the Currency cannot be changed and transactions will only be in the selected currency.
- If the Supplier is VAT registered and a member of the EU:
- Check the tickbox ‘Supplier is Vat Registered’ on the Profile tab.
- Add the VAT no. in the VAT no./Tax ID field.
- Check the tickbox ‘Is from other EC member state’.
- This ensure VAT returns are calculated correctly.
The Supplier Document
- Once a Supplier has been created, from the Supplier Document, associated tasks such as creating Purchase Orders and Bills, making Payments etc. can be done by using the Supplier’s Action dropdown.
- Associated Documents for this Supplier can be found by using the ‘Find‘ drop-down on the Action Bar.
- You can use the ‘Transactions‘ Tab to list/find any associated transactions such as overdue Bills etc.
Also Read About
Working with Purchase Quotes
Working with Purchase Orders
Working with Cash Purchases
Working with Item Receipts
Working with Bills
Working with Supplier Credit Notes
Working with Payments to Suppliers (Money Out)
Working with Contacts
Working with Memos
Configuring 1099 Categories (USA only)
Working with Emails