Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, which includes a B2B self-service portal with order capture management.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Working with Prospects
Prospects are potential Customers.
You can attach Contacts, Quotes, Estimates etc. to a prospect.
To invoice a Prospect, you first must convert the Prospect to a Customer.
How to create a new Prospect
- From the Explorer click Sales→Prospects and click ‘Create New‘ .
- Or from an existing lead:
- From Leads, select the lead that must be converted.
- Click the dropdown ‘Actions’.
- Select ‘Create Prospect’.
Prospect Key Facts
- The Prospect name must be entered, but it does not have to be unique.
- The Ref # is a unique identifier/number associated with the Prospect. See Working with Reference numbers (Ref #).
- Once set, the Currency cannot be changed and transactions will only be in the selected currency.
- If the Prospect is VAT registered and a member of the EU:
- Check the tickbox ‘Prospect is Vat Registered’ on the Profile tab.
- Add the VAT no. in the new field.
- Check the tickbox ‘Is from other EC member state’.
- This ensure VAT returns are calculated correctly.
The Prospect Document
This document is very similar to a customer document. Functions include:
- Edit Prospect – To add or update information.
- Find dropdown allows searches for:
- Sales quotes
- Sales Opportunities
- Billing Addresses
- Shipping Addresses
- Actions include:
- Convert to customer
- Create new quote
- Create new contact
- Create new lead
- Create new sales opportunity
- Create new billing address
- Create new shipping address
- Take ownership
- Email the prospect directly from here. Ensures that a correspondence thread is maintained regarding this prospect. See Working with Emails.
- Configure. Gives you the ability to configure fields according to your preferences. See Configuring Prospects.
Also Read About
Leads, Prospects and Customers
Working with Sales Quotes
Working with Sales Opportunities
Working with Jobs
Working with Contacts
Working with Leads
Working with Memos
Working with Emails