Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software, which includes a B2B self-service portal with order capture management.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Working with RMA’s
When a customer returns a product, a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) is issued. This RMA allows you to track the return of the item(s) and any subsequent actions taken.
For each product returned on the RMA document a reason code (RMA type) needs to be selected. Depending on which RMA type is selected certain actions can be performed.
An RMA can be created from:
- Sales Orders
- RMA in the Explorer
How to Create a new RMA Document
From a Customer
- From the explorer, select Customer.
- View the appropriate Customer, from the Action dropdown, select ‘New RMA’. (See below)
- A ‘New RMA’ window will open.
From a Sales Order
- From Sales Orders, search for the original Sales Order.
- When Viewing the Sales Order, select the line item which the Customer wishes to return.
- From the Action Dropdown, select ‘Create RMA’.
- A New RMA window will open with the details of the customer, the order and the line item.
From the Explorer via RMA
- From the Explorer, select RMAs
- The RMA window will open
- Select the green plus sign at the top.
- Search for the Applicable Customer.
- At the bottom, the Customer Name will show, and a green ‘Create New’.
- Click on the green ‘Create New’.
How to Process a Return
- Complete the standard fields in the RMA Document.
- It is important to select the Default Site if one specific location is used to receive returned goods.
- At line item level, select the product being returned. Search for the item using ‘Find’.
- Select RMA Type as follows:
Repair: Allows you to return items and subsequently create a Sales Order – the RMA will be FULFILLED once the item is returned and the Sales Order has been created.
Replace: Allows you to return items and subsequently create a Sales Order – the RMA will be FULFILLED once the item is returned and the Sales Order has been created. Customer is given another item in place of the returned item.
Substitute: Allows you to return items and subsequently create a Sales Order – the RMA will be FULFILLED once the item is returned and the Sales Order has been created. Customer is given a different item in place of the returned item.
Credit: You can create a credit note (this replaces the return items step) – RMA is marked as FULFILLED as soon as the Credit Note has been created.
Return, no Action: Item is returned only – RMA is marked as FULFILLED as soon as Items are returned. No credit note or replacement is issued.
Also Read About
Configuring Transactional Documents
Entering Billing/Shipping addresses
Creating related Documents
Allocating Stock to Sales Orders
Working with Memos
Working with Classifications
Working with Price Levels
Working with Price Lists