Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software to manage customers, sales order processing, multi-currency accounting, inventory, and vendors – all joined up smoothly with workflow optimization.
Talk to an expert about streamlined order and inventory management for wholesalers, drop shippers and ecommerce.
Book a no obligation demo, trial, and quote TODAY.
Setting the Chart of Accounts
The default Chart of Accounts can be modified in three ways:
- Adding/removing accounts from the default set (See Working with the Chart of Accounts).
- Uploading from Microsoft Excel (Importing Data).
- Selecting from a set of pre-defined Chart of Accounts.
Options 3 is described in more detail here.
Currently there are two predefined Chart of Accounts.
- The default set
- A minimal set from which you can either build or import your own (options 1 and 2 above).
How to create a new Chart of Accounts
- From the Explorer click Setup→Configuration;
- From the pane on the right, select the green ‘Accounts‘.
- The document titled ‘View Accounts Configuration’ will open.
- From the Action Bar drop-down menu click ‘Set the Chart of Accounts‘; this displays the Chart Of Account setup page (shown below).
- From the drop-down list select either ‘Minimal Chart of Accounts’ or ‘All purpose Chart of Accounts’.
- Once selected you will see an associated image of the selected Chart of Accounts.
- Click ‘Create‘ to create your new Chart of Accounts.
If there are any transactions in your Accounts you will need to reset your system before setting the Chart of Accounts. See Resetting your system.