ERP features specifically designed for wholesalers
167 ERP features in ONE cloud ERP system. Customizable, easy to use, affordable, and can be self implemented in weeks.
ERP features for digital wholesalers
Click to expand
ERP feature #1:
Work anywhere, anytime, safely in the cloud
The obvious benefits of cloud based ERP features are:
- No onsite software.
- Robust security, reliable mission critical infrastructure.
- With the exception of warehouse pickers, your entire team can work from anywhere at any time.
- Your operations are safeguarded from adverse situations i.e. pandemics.
- You can reduce your fixed costs i.e. office space.
- Your teams can be more productive for longer i.e. no commute.
- Your entire operation can be and stay on the same page.
ERP feature #2:
Focused, adaptable ERP features
Unlike other cloud-based ERP vendors systems, the ERP features in our software are specifically designed for wholesalers, distributors, and light manufacturers. There are no add on modules, and no irrelevant features.
However this doesn’t mean constrained flexibility. Our cloud ERP software is an order management solution designed from the ground up to be customizable. Out of the box, it can adapt to just about any business model wholesaling, distributing, or selling physical goods.
Unlike other cloud based ERP systems we have avoided incorporating ERP features into our order management software that wholesale and distribution businesses simply don’t need but other cloud ERP vendors force you to pay for.
ERP feature #3:
Customization for continuous improvement
Continuously adapt, improve and automate:
- DIY add custom fields and tabs: store additional data in multiple field types. New fields appear in lists and reports. Wire field inheritance between documents.
- Plugins: Extend any function, or add new functions rapidly and at low cost. Add automation to every task.
- Configurations: easy to understand and use settings for every function in the app on a single screen.
- Roles: create access and permission profiles for every type of user to control who can see and do what where.
- Print and Screen Templates: Make printed documents and screens look exactly as you need. Configure column views on tables, on every document and screen.
Quickly and cost-effectively adapt and add or extend ERP features in your system:
- A simple to adapt, but consistently evolving and future proof architecture.
ERP feature #4:
Customizable B2B ecommerce, multiple portals
The advantages of our cloud ERP b2b ecommerce software (Trade Acceleration Portal or TAP) for your sales operations are:
- your sales people have more time,
- or you need less sales people.
Our built in b2b ecommerce solution reduces your sales workload because customers can serve themselves 24/7. Your customers can:
- Access reliable, real-time product information.
- Place new and repeat orders.
- Track order journey and status.
- Review invoices and outstanding balances.
- Make payments.
- Review purchase history.
- Review statements.
- Request and approve quotes
Our b2b commerce solution lets you to create a superior customer experience because our cloud based ERP features enable you to:
- Deploy multiple customer self-service portals.
- Customize and extend functionality.
- Personalize pricing, styling, and services.
- Track customer journeys.
ERP feature #5:
CRM for wholesalers to track ALL interactions & transactions
Our cloud ERP features include built in CRM for wholesalers. so your salespeople can capture and review the detail about every transaction and interaction, without having to refer to another system.
- Store detailed customer profiles.
- Track all transactions i.e. quotes, orders, invoices, etc.
- Track customer balance, credit limits, terms, tax.
- Track all interactions i.e. notes, tasks, events.
- Send and receive email.
- Create email templates.
- Store contacts, shipping, and billing addresses.
- Assign owners to customers.
In terms of productivity, the benefits of our cloud ERP for sales teams are:
- Fast and easy to learn and use.
- All information on one screen.
- Screens can be customized to store additional information.
- Repetitive tasks can be automated.
ERP feature #6:
Multichannel order capture and automation
You can capture orders across multiple types of online channels:
- Deploy multiple customer self-service b2b ecommerce solutions.
- Connect and import orders from shopping carts.
- Connect to EDI, X12, FTP solutions.
Our cloud ERP features help eliminate user errors in your order capture process. Speed and accuracy of order capture are increased because users can:
- Check stock and backorder visibility in real-time.
- Instantly lookup for SKUs and line Items.
- Automatically check credit thresholds or take card/ACH payments.
- Auto inherit customer profile data i.e. pricing, terms.
- Automate freight terms i.e. prepaid/free shipping
- Drill down on line Item (SKU) detailed information.
- Import orders from .xlsx files.
- Attach and link related files.
- Auto/bulk email orders or direct customers to the Trade Acceleration Portal.
ERP feature #7:
Automate and streamline order fulfillment.
The ERP features in our solution will streamline your order management. The benefits of our cloud ERP for your order to cash process are that with automation, or just a couple of clicks users can:
- Fulfill drop ship/just in time orders to purchase orders.
- Auto check stock availability across multiple sites.
- Automate bulk allocation of stock to orders.
- Auto-generate back / replenishment orders.
- Create multiple shipments, vary shipping methods.
- Drive the entire SKU journey by barcode scanner in WMS.
- Customize and automate pick, pack processes.
- Automate shipping vendor interactions.
- Automate customer notifications.
Automate the shipment to invoice process to:
- Bulk create Invoices for partial/fully shipped orders.
- Bulk email Invoices to billing contacts.
- Present invoices via portal or EDI.
ERP feature #8:
Built in Warehouse management
Our cloud ERP features a warehouse management system to streamline your warehouse operations. You can manage as many warehouses as you need. Your warehouse management teams can track every SKU individually, and optimize every SKU journey.
- Part of one system and database
- Customize everything.
- Quick and easy to setup.
- Track all types of inventory at the individual SKU level.
- Configure every location to model its purpose.
- Configure workflows to optimize warehouse tasks.
- Fully integrated shipping for +105 vendors.
- Android barcode application.
- Model and manage multiple warehouses.
- Detailed audit trail
- Configure roles and permissions.
One truth about every SKU, wherever it is:
- Manage the entire ‘physical’ model and detail your stock across multiple owned, 3PL, or consignment locations.
ERP feature #9:
Inventory management - track every SKU instance
Our cloud ERP system will accurately manage and optimize inventory-related tasks from wherever you choose to work.
- Model and track, Stock, Assemblies, and Kits.
- Model and track, Lots and SKU’s with serial #s.
- Track SKUs at the individual instance level.
- Track stock across multiple locations.
- Build and store Kits. Build and break Assembly BOMs.
- Manage multiple preferred suppliers, MOQs, etc.
- Set safety stock levels, and reorder thresholds.
- Manage SKU units of measure, i.e. lbs, ozs. etc.
- Set multi-currency unit prices and costs.
- Store and customize Item information detail.
- Store supplier catalogs, availability, and costs.
One truth about everything you make or sell:
- Track every instance of every SKU and its detail, including from where and when it was purchased, stored and sold.
ERP feature #10:
Supply chain management
Our cloud ERP features enable purchasing and supply chain operations teams to:
- Automate stock replenishment tasks.
- Automate back order tasks.
- Link and track relationships between SKUs on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Track Purchase Order ETAs.
- Store and manage multiple preferred suppliers.
- Track supplier AP balances.
- Store detailed supplier profiles.
- Track all transactions i.e. quotes, orders, invoices, etc.
- Track all interactions i.e. notes, tasks, events.
- Send and receive emails.
Optimize inventory and use of working capital:
- Combine analysis of real time and historical data with automation to achieve inventory service level and customer satisfaction targets.
ERP feature #11:
Reduce accounting effort with automation
Our cloud ERP features will simplify, automate, and significantly reduce effort for your AR/AP and accounting operations.
- Multi-currency general ledger, detailed audit history.
- Bulk create and send sales invoices.
- Bulk apply customer payments.
- Automate credit control operations.
- Automate applying early payment discounts.
- Automate Tax calculation and filing (USA).
- Memorize and automate journals.
- Versatile period close.
- Payments and banking integrations.
- Automate aging debtor management notifications.
- Bulk preset payment terms and credit limits.
- Export everything to Excel.
- Multiple reporting tools. Native, Jaspersoft Studio, Power BI, or ‘bring your own’ (ODBC access).
ERP feature #12:
Streamline Ecommerce (3rd party shopping carts)
The ERP features in our order management software automate import of orders for fulfillment from the following shopping carts:
- Big Commerce
- Amazon Seller
- Amazon FBA
- Magento 2
Sending data and signals back to shopping carts: Based upon the cart type we can send back the requisite data or signals to the cart to change order status, i.e. when the order has been shipped. We can add additional cart dialogue functions as required.
Benefits of our cloud based ERP software to b2c ecommerce order management are:
For your accounting teams, the benefits of cloud ERP by Salesorder.com are a significant reduction in complexity and wasted effort. Our joined up, cloud based ERP system reduces the time and effort required to:
- Create the corresponding sales receipts in your general ledger. This entire task for all orders can be performed in just a couple of clicks.
- Transition authorized transactions to payment capture when the order ships. This workflow can be automated or performed with just a couple of clicks.
For your back-office and customer service teams, the benefits of our cloud based ERP integrated with your shopping carts are:
- Automated updates to stock levels (based upon cart functionality)
- Automatically populate shipping vendor tracking numbers back into Sales Orders.
- Automatically send notifications to customers about order status or shipment tracking information
ERP feature #13:
Reporting, Analytics, BI
One database means joined-up order to cash reports:
- Easy to use and customize native reporting toolkit.
- Simple dashboards.
- Customized reports service – we design and deploy.
- Export every list and report to Excel.
- ODBC access – bring your own tools.
- Pipeline data to your data warehouse.
Industry-leading business intelligence tools:
- Power BI (Microsoft)
ERP feature #14:
History and audit trail
A complete and detailed history of everything:
- Email: connect all business mailboxes. Send and receive email from sales and purchasing documents, and customer and supplier masters. Email is siloed by customer from each mailbox.
- Bookmark: every transaction to memorize where you are, where you’ve been, and what’s important.
- Memos: pin tasks, reminders, to-dos, events, and links onto every transaction. Create, assign tasks, track their status and progress. Keep a living history of who did what when.
- Notes: Add notes to every transaction.
- Attachments and links: Attach or link files to every transaction and customer and supplier master.
Detailed audit trail of every transaction:
- the order management software for wholesalers memorizes every user change on every transaction.
- the warehouse management software tracks every event in the warehouse.
ERP feature #15:
Reliability | Performance
Robust, secure, and elastic:
- Mission-critical architecture: no single point of failure on any hardware or software component. Automated fail-safe recovery systems.
- Double backups: All stored data is consistently backed up at hardware and software levels.
- Tri-level access security: Encryption, and double-layer login security. Every connection monitored by active threat detection.
- Automated testing and roll-back: Rigorous and extensive regression testing by dedicated QA team and Selenium. Continuous integration to enable rapid restores.
- Elastic infrastructure: automated dynamic allocation of resources to ensure consistent performance.
Customizable server platform:
- We can configure server architectures to comply with your corporate privacy and data security requirements.
ERP feature #16:
Ease of use
Gentle but rapid learning curve:
- Short sharp video training.
- Where necessary customized training with a dedicated instructor.
- Contextual help.
- Easy to read and fast to navigate, extensive documentation.
- Simple and easy to memorize, user interface conventions.
- Bookmark everything to reduce clicks and optimize journeys.
- Google-like instant and preemptive search for line items.
Accelerate and simplify data entry and information retrieval:
- Auto-population of key information: significantly reduces data entry time and eliminates common errors that waste time and frustrate stakeholders.
- Saved searches: Users can easily create and bookmark simple and complex searches for every type of transaction and trading partner (customer or supplier) record.
ERP feature #17:
Affordable entry and predictable operating costs:
- Value-based pricing – 0.39% of revenue.
- Unlimited users – connect your entire headcount.
- Unlimited b2b and b2c sales channel connectivity.
- No cap on transactions or storage.
Approachable and easy to comprehend setup instructions:
- Step by step roadmaps.
- Low-density settings and configuration.
- Short tutorial videos.
- Easy to navigate documentation.
- Dedicated implementation specialist.
- Straightforward data migration options.