Drop shipped orders result from Purchase Orders initiated by an incoming Sales Order. Your Supplier ships the products directly to your Customer. You invoice your Customer, and your Supplier sends you their invoice. The system can execute and track this entire process.
These types of Items can be set to trigger drop shipments:
- Assembly Items,
Set Item to default to Drop Shipped
On the the Purchasing | Costs tab of each Item there you can set the default behavior of each Item to Dropship.
|Default Order Type||Standard|
When you add an Item set to Drop Ship, on the Line Item table of a Sales Order or Sales Quote, the letter D will be displayed to the left of the Item Code.
Set Dropship Item default Supplier
Preferred Supplier(s) can be stored on the Preferred Supplier table on the Purchasing | Costs tab on the Item Master. This table stores:
|Supplier||A Supplier from your Suppliers List.|
|Item Code||The Supplier’s part / SKU code. This code will appear on the Purchasing Documents.|
|Unit Cost||The last cost. Manually entered.|
|Stock||Suppliers last known stock level.|
|Minimum Order Quantity||The supplier’s threshold.|
|Average Lead Time||In days.|
|Use on Docs||Use this data on Purchase Documents.|
|Default||The default preferred supplier.|
Change Item to Dropship, or a different Supplier
You can access and manipulate the preferred supplier from the Action Preferred Suppliers on the Sales Quote and Sales Order Documents.
This is useful if you need to Dropship a Standard Item (one you don’t normally Dropship).
When the Document is not in Edit mode
When you click the Preferred Supplier Action, a modal (popup) window will appear:
In the above example the Document has two line Items in the Line Item table. DEF345 is set to Drop Ship. The Preferred Suppliers for the Items are displayed as View only.
When the Document is in Edit mode
You can select and change the Item preferred supplier.
You can select and change the Item Default Order Type. In the above example Item DEF345 is set to Drop Ship.
Set preferred suppliers costs on Sales Orders for Dropship and Special Order
SALES > Sales Order > Configure > Dropship | Special Order
The purpose of this control is to determine where the unit cost is derived and applied from, specifically:
- The unit cost specified on the preferred supplier table located on the Purchasing tab of the respective Item Master.
- The arbitrary cost on the Sales Order. A typical use case is where you are brokering the sale of an Item. You agree on a cost with the supplier, back to back with agreeing on a cost with the end customer.
- The unit cost specified by you on the respective Item Master.
List and Create Dropship Orders in bulk from the Sales Order List
To create Dropship orders from Sales Order List, go to:
SALES > Sales Orders > Drop Ship
The following option are available:
- List Drop Ship Orders: List all the drop ship orders.
- List Drop Ship Orders (Bill): List all the drop ship orders for which Purchase Invoice has been received.
- List Drop Ship Orders (with no PO): List of drop ship orders for which no Purchase Orders have been generated.
- Create Drop Ship Purchase Orders for selected orders.
- Create Invoices (Bill received): Create Purchase Invoices for selected orders.