Originally this function was designed to capture Leads from a web page.
We’ve enhanced this to enable you to create a Lead, Prospect or Customer from the form.
- Go to: SETUP > Configuration.
- Under the General section choose Generate Web Forms.
- Choose whether the submission of the form creates a Lead, Prospect or Customer.
- Define Success URL and Failure URL (which would normally be a page on your website) and a couple of other fields such as Campaign and Source.
- Click on Generate Form. A sample HTML form is created in the area below.
- Click on the link in the Click to test form field to test the HTML form.
- If all looks good, copy and paste the HTML code into the target page(s).
- Apply styles if needed.
The fields and their id names in the HTML form are as follows:
|Display Name||HTML Field Ids|
|First line of address||addr1|
|Second line of address||addr2|
Once a new Customer | Prospect | Lead is defined in the system, Salesorder allows you to perform transactions on them, through their respective Document.