Named individuals are recorded in the system as Workers.
Recording Workers in your system.You can manually create or import Workers.
- Company > Workers > + = New Worker.
- Setup > Import Data > Import Workers.
CustomizationYou can add fields, sections, and tabs to a Worker Master. See Using Customization.
Segmenting WorkersOn the Worker Master, there are three fields: Office, Department and Team. These are free text fields. These are used in Reports as a filter, and Roles as an ownership permissions (see ‘Owners’ below).
Worker TypesA field on the Worker Master ‘Worker’ types lets you delineate Workers by:
- Sales Rep
- System User
SupplierWorkers are technically trading partners. Workers can model an individual you make payments to, e.g. employee, contractor, sales agent, etc. In other words a Supplier. In this context you can manage the following transactions with a Worker:
- Expense Claims
- Cash Purchases
- Bills (Purchase Invoices)
- Purchase (Vendor Credit Notes) – sometimes referred to as ‘Debit Notes’
- Refunds (Payments from Workers to you)
System UserWorkers can be granted Login access and permissions. With the exception of Email access, permissions are specified as Roles. You can set the role on a Worker. The Login, Email access, and Role are set up on the ‘Login Details’ tab on the Worker master. See: Setup Email Setup Roles
Role = Portal OnlyA special Role ‘Portal Only’ is available in the Role dropdown. When set, this removes the user access to the main application but allows a Worker to Login via the TAP (Trade Acceleration Portal). See Setup TAP.
Master Admin UserYou can change the Master Admin user using the Action on Worker ‘Set As Master Admin’.
Default OwnerWorkers can be Document Owners. Owners specify which Document is owned by which Worker. Every Document has an Owner. When a User creates a Document, they automatically own the respective Document. Documents inherit their respective Owner from:
- The Trading Partner, specifically; Customer, Supplier, or Worker.
- The preceding Document in the workflow, i.e. Sales Invoice inherits Owner from corresponding Sales Order.
Alternative OwnerYou can configure the inheritance behavior to preserve an alternative to the default Owner who created the Document. For example, you have an order entry person who enters Sales Orders on behalf of a mobile or contract salesperson (Sales Agent). The following setting causes the system to override the default behavior by preserving the Owner that is present on the Trading partner.
- Go to Setup > Roles > Permissions > Ownership options.
- Check the ‘Preserve ownership of sales documents’ checkbox.
Changing OwnerProviding they have the appropriate permission, users can change owners on Documents. This permission level is specified in the user’s Role. Within the individual Role settings, the range of permissions is controlled by the ‘Taking Ownership’ table. This affords the user to take ownership of Documents:
- [From Any]
- [From Team]
- [From Office]
- [From Not Owned]
- Setup > Configuration > General > Bulk ownership transfer.
- Select the ‘From’ and ‘To’ Workers.
- Select the Documents you want to transfer.
- Click ‘Transfer Ownership’.